Dr Kim E Isaacs
Surgical Oncologist & General Surgeon
Dr Kim Isaacs is a Surgical Oncologist and General Surgeon and a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She completed her General Surgery training at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney. Dr Isaacs has subspecialty training in Melanoma, Sarcoma & Soft Tissue Tumours and Endocrine Surgery after 12 month fellowships at the Melanoma Institute Australia (Sydney), The Royal Marsden Hospital (London), and The Hammersmith Hospital (London). On her return from London, Dr Isaacs spent several years recovering from the London weather as a Surgical Oncologist and General Surgeon at the Gold Coast Melanoma Clinic and at The Tweed Hospital.
Dr Isaacs areas of special interest are:
- Melanoma & Skin Cancer
- Sarcoma & Soft Tissue Tumours
- Thyroid & Parathyroid Disease
- Breast Surgery
- General Surgery
With academic appointments at The University of Notre Dame and The University of NSW, Dr Isaacs regularly participates in teaching medical students and junior doctors.
Experience / Work history
Dr Isaacs completed her General Surgical training at the Prince of Wales Hospital (Sydney) followed by sub-specialised clinical fellowships in both Australia and the UK, including:
- 12 months as the Poche Fellow in Surgical Oncology at the Melanoma Institute Australia (Sydney) working in melanoma and surgical oncology
- 12 months as the clinical fellow at the Royal Marsden Hospital (London) working in sarcoma, melanoma and soft tissue tumours
- 12 months as the Selwyn Taylor Fellow at The Hammersmith Hospital (London) working in Endocrine Surgery (thyroid, parathyroid & adrenal surgery)
- 2 years as a clinical fellow at The Tweed Hospital (Tweed Heads) working in melanoma & surgical oncology as well as general surgery.